Now that cold weather is here to stay, I wanted to share my version of a classic winter drink with you. The hot toddy is honestly one of the perfect alcoholic drinks for wintry nights and they are super simple to make. I love sipping hot tea in the winter and the addition of a little bit of gin makes it even better! We actually found a locally sourced gin called Death’s Door which blends really well with the spiced tea in these. Hot toddies are a great low calorie, low sugar beverage for holiday parties since there isn’t a lot of fruit juice or sugary syrup. The tea I used for these is one of my new favorites from Trader Joe’s called Harvest Blend Herbal Tea. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, simply pick up an herbal tea with a strong cinnamon note to it.
Harvest Hot Toddy
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tea bags of harvest blend herbal tea
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 4 oz. gin (we like Death’s Door)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Add tea bags to hot water and let steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 oz. juice and 2 oz. gin into each mug. Add 1 cup of tea.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and lemon wedges.