Can it be time for another Recipe Redux already?! I admit, the 21st sort of snuck on me this time… oops! However, I still have a really simple and tasty recipe to share with you all today. The one thing I love about this recipe redux is that I get to experiment in the kitchen a bit as I create a dish for each theme. The theme for this month’s round up of recipes was raw/no cook desserts. At first, I wondered, how in the world do I come up a recipe that doesn’t need baked?! After a bit of mulling and perusing our pantry, I created this dessert.
This recipe for mousse is super simple with only 4 ingredients. With just a little planning ahead, you can make this in a matter of minutes. For the best consistency, you’ll want to chill the canned coconut cream overnight as well as soak the dates. Feel free to add berries like I did or a variety of other toppings like shredded coconut, nuts, nut butter, etc. It could also make a delicious parfait if layered with fruit and perhaps some granola.
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (keep coconut water for another use)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup dates, soaked overnight
- Put canned coconut cream in fridge to separate overnight. Put dates in a small bowl and cover with water. Place in fridge to soak overnight.
- When ready to prepare mousse, add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Chill for an hour or so to stiffen a bit. Serve with berries or toppings of your choice.