A couple of weeks ago, Will and I shared this fabulous avocado and tomato salad as an appetizer at Roots Pizza. Ever since, I have been itching to recreate it! As we ate, we tried to decide on all of the key ingredients. Does anyone else ever do that?! Anyways, I knew this would be a perfect salad to highlight some of the tastes of summer in the form of fresh corn and cherry tomatoes.
Feel free increase the protein by adding some beans, blackened salmon, or seasoned slices of chicken breast. I actually prepped this salad last night to take in my lunch for work today. The extra few hours in the fridge before serving allowed the flavors to meld in a wonderful way. I’ll definitely be keeping this salad in my lunch rotation!
Southwest Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon taco seasoning (or make your own with a dash of coriander, cumin, red pepper, cayenne pepper, and oregano)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Dash of salt
- Spring mix
- 1/4 avocado, chopped
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Combine olive oil through salt in a small jar. Shake until well combined.
- Assemble salad and drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat. Serve!