Hello Friends! I have another recipe to share with you today (make sure you don’t miss out on yesterday’s either!). Will and I have whipped up this super simple and quick dish a couple of times now, but today I made sure to measure out the ingredients to share with you all. If you like spicy dishes, feel free to be a little more liberal on the spices to add a bit more heat. The spice amounts I provided will create a mildly spicy dish.
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup canola oil (divided)
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (adjust to taste, increase to 1/2 teaspoon if not using the dried pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large dried guajillo chili pepper or other dried mild pepper, chopped (optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup canola oil. Toss in kale and stir. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once the kale turns bright green, toss in the crumbled tempeh. Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes or until tempeh is heated through.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup oil and spices. Heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rice wine vinegar.
- Pour oil/spice mixture over the kale/tempeh. Toss to coat kale/tempeh. Cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve!
What are some of your favorite ways to serve kale?