Happy hump day! How has your week been? Mine has been focused on more orientation, I have so many new names to learn! Now that I have gone back to work, we have been making a lot of meals that need little prep work around here. We made these salmon burgers the other day and they were super easy! This version doesn’t have a lot of extra spices, so feel free to add others! Super Easy Salmon Burgers
(Makes 4 Patties)
- 1 pound fresh salmon filet
- 2-3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon 20 Seasoning Salute (from Trader Joe’s)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 ounces goat cheese
1. Remove skin from salmon (if still on filet). Place all the ingredients except the goat cheese into a food processor. Blend until salmon just starts to break down into smaller, ground beef sized pieces. **Per Will, make sure you don’t over-process the salmon or else your patties will have a chewier, more dense texture – which you don’t want!**
2. Add pea sized pieces of goat cheese to the salmon mixture and form into patties.
3. Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook patties until evenly browned. Flip to brown the opposite side.
These were great paired with some spicy ranch dressing! I also packed an extra patty with my salad for lunch at work and they taste just as good cold. 🙂